- The Paladium in LA in the 40′s, hosted all the big bands (“I was there on many weekends: Glen MillerW, Tommy DorseyW, Benny GoodmanW, Artie ShawW“)
- Songs: “I’ll Never Smile Again;” ”Begin the Beguine;” (“I’m still trying to play my clarinet like A. Shaw! ha!”)
- I was president of UCLA’s Men’s Glee Club in ’47 – ’48 and we did Shows in Royce Hall – My American Cousin and H.M.S. Pinafore! Great fun!
- Boy’s Life magazine
- Building – Tree house and also digging a cave in a vacant lot!
- Body Surfing in Santa Monica Bay and skating on local sidewalks
- getting a bicycle at Christmas
- Travel – we drove to New York and back 1936-37 (Dad’s work took us there and back)
I thought it would be nice to post my grandfather’s list for Family 1st Fridays in July; a World War II Veteran, he is still inspiring in a myriad of ways! Thanks, Granddad, for supporting the Magpie List!